Monday, November 28, 2016

Butt Out

For many years I have watched people complain and struggle with gutting a deer. When I first started hunting I can remember watching my dad struggle with removing the butt from the deer. A few years ago, I started seeing commercials for this product that was called the Butt Out. The companies claim was all you had to do was insert the tool, twist, and pull out. To me it seemed a little too good to be true but when I went into the local sporting goods store I saw one and for only ten dollars I could not resist picking one up. Shortly after buying the Butt Out, my brother shot a doe and it seemed like the perfect time to test out the new purchase. And sure, enough the butt of the deer pulled right out and it seemed that we had finally figured out the secrete to field dressing a deer. Shortly after testing the Butt Out on my brothers deer I was able to test it on my own. Once again, it worked perfectly. The only complaint that I have with this, which is not a complaint at all, is that is the deer is left lay and is allowed to cool down it makes it harder for the butt to be removed. Recently, the company has now produced a new version which puts has a circular ring just below the t-handle showing you just how far to insert the tool into the deer. This upgrade to the product is extremely handy. The tool is also produced in a blaze orange color which is very smart. We all know how easy it is to lose things while gutting but no matter how distracted I have gotten and no matter where I have managed to lay this tool down I can’t lose it just stands out because of how bright the orange is. The tool is made of an extremely hard plastic which I have not been able to starch or break which says a lot about the quality of this product because I tend to be tremendously hard on equipment. So, if you are sick of struggling with gutting and getting frustrated like I was and my family was for many years I highly recommend going and picking you up one of these.  

No comments:

Post a Comment