Monday, November 28, 2016

Outdoor Edge Razor Blade Knife

Last year I went to the local sporting goods store looking to pick up a new hunting knife. I was wanting to find something with a gut hook and I came across the Outdoor Edge Razor Pro. I saw it was on sale and had their version of a gut hook claiming that it opens game like a zipper, so I bought it. Upon opening the package and grabbing the knife I noticed that the it had a non-slip grip which felt very nice in the hand and after gutting a few deer, no matter how much blood I got on the knife it never slips in the hand. This knife comes with a 3.5-inch replaceable razor blade. This is by far the sharpest knife blade I have ever owned. I have gutted 4 deer and skinned 2 of them with this same blade and it still cuts with ease. The blades are also very easy to change, all you have to do is press a button on the side and remove the old blade from the slide and put a new one on. The gut hook on this knife is made of stainless steel and really does open game like a zipper. It has never once punctured the stomach or anything that may cause the meat to spoil. This knife comes with a nylon carry case that is extremely durable and will not break down.  On the back of the case it also has a belt loop strap so that it can be put on your belt for easy access. It has 2 spots in the case itself. One spot is for the knife which the knife slides in very easily unlike some cases where no matter how hard you try you cannot get the knife to go in and the other spot is for the extra blades.

The Outdoor Edge Razor Pro retails for 74.95 but you can find it much cheaper in the range of 50 dollars. This is one of the best hunting knives on the market, I am thoroughly pleased with this knife. If  you are in the need for a new hunting knife or are just simply looking to upgrade I would look no farther then this knife, it will take care of anything that you will put it through.  

No comments:

Post a Comment