Monday, November 28, 2016

Trail Tacks

Every year I look for some new hunting product that will help me out in the woods. This year I picked up a brand-new piece of property to hunt. With walking and scouting this new land, I noticed that it is very easy to get turned around and lost. So as the summer progressed I was faced with the question as to how and I going to find my way to the stand in the dark. I thought at first that simple trail ribbon would work but them came to the realization that it would be very hard to see in the dark. As late summer, early fall hit, I finally went to Cabela’s and asked what they would recommend I do. The guy there had gone through the same dilemma that I was going through and knew exactly what I needed to do. He took me to the tree stand section and showed me these reflective trail tacks. These things were no bigger than a dime and I thought that the guy was fool of crap. I thought there was no way I was going to be able to see these things but the guy convinced me that they worked and for 2 bucks I thought why the hell not. So, I bought a couple packs and headed out to the new property.  I hung these tacks on trees to 3 of my tree stand steps. This was still a month before season so I had to wait. When the season finally rolled around I was very excited to see if these things were going to work. I was not able to go out on opening morning so I had to wait again. Finally, I made it out the woods one morning and what I found was quite surprising. As I approached the woods I saw what looked like a glowing eye ball from about fifty yards away.  I stopped thinking it was a deer but no, it was the tack and as I continued into the wood I shined the light down the trail and it looked like the someone has stuck Christmas lights on all of the trees. I just could not believe how well these things worked. I ran that day back to Cabelas and picked me up some more to go to every set I have. I think every hunter who has trouble finding their stands in the morning should have these. By far one the best hunting products I have picked up on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment