Monday, November 28, 2016

Nikon Rangefinder

Recently I picked up the Nikon prostaff rangefinder. I had been using an older Bushnell and was in need of an upgrade. I do a lot of bow hunting so I read up on all of the latest technologies and decided that I would need a rangefinder that would account for the angle of the shot when calculating the distant. I was hung up between the Nikons and the Bushnell’s, but when I got to Cabela’s and held the two in my hand I was sold on the Nikon.  When you first grab this range finder you notice how well if fits and feels in your hand. It is coated in a non-slip grip that does not lose its when it rains or snows. It also comes with a zoom capable lens. However, when zoomed in all of the way the objects in the lens become very blurry, which is a downside. It also comes with different settings that allow you to choose between bow, and rifle hunting. It is also very easily operated. When you pull up the range finder it gives you a very accurate and quick range reading. Also, if you hold down on the range finding button it will give you a continuous accurate range. One thing you may want to do is get a shorter and adjustable strap. The factory strap is extremely long and is not able to be shortened. The Nikon Prostaff rangefinder also comes with a carrying case that can be attached to your belt loop. This rangefinder is however a bit on the pricy side coming in at 230 dollars. You can definitely find range finders out there on the market for much cheaper than this. I am a true believe in the idea of you get what you pay for and in this case when knowing the range while in the field is so vital I am more than willing to spend the extra money. This is definitely a must have in any bow hunters Arinsal and I will not go into the woods without mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment