Monday, November 28, 2016

Remington 870

When I was 12 my dad bought me my first shotgun. It was a Remington 870 express 20 gage. It was the same gun that his dad bough him and his dad bough him before that. This is the gun that I shot my first squirrel and deer with. In my opinion this is by far the most reliable and dependable gun on the market. My dad bought me the combo that came with the fully rifled barrel. This has made deer gun hunting a breeze. When the deer reach fifty yards and in they are pretty much done. This is also a mean squirrel gun and is a breeze to shoot. If you are wanting a gun to go shoot clay pigeons and not wake up the next morning bruised and not able to move, this is the gun for you. I got the synthetic wood simply because I don’t like the all black stocks. I have not yet had a single problem with this gun. It shoots any rounds up to three inches with a breeze. Never a jam and never a misfire. As long as you keep oil on the barrel and do not misuse the gun, I will guarantee it will last you lifetime. These guns are very reasonably priced. The small game barrel comes with a vent rib and fiber optic sight. This makes it very easy to line up on squirrels, rabbits, and turkeys. The deer barrel is traditional and has nothing to fancy on it. The gun has an extremely smooth and repeatable trigger pull. The gun not matter what barrel you have on it pulls up extremely nice and smooth allowing you to make smooth and accurate shots. The gun is also a breeze to clean. All you have to do is punch out the pins on the receiver and the trigger mechanism pulls right out. The magazine cap does not come with a sling stud. Nor does to stock which is kind of a disappointment.  I will be buying my kid one day this exact shotgun for his or hers first gun. I cannot thank my dad enough for buying me such a nice and reliable shotgun for my first gun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment