Monday, November 28, 2016

Primos Bloodhunter

As I was scrolling through the hunting section on Amazon a while back I came across the Primos Bloodhunter HD. I have been hearing about this blood lights for years and was very skeptical about how well these lights would actually work. On Amazon that day the light was on sale for 50 dollars when it was originally 90 so I thought what the heck might as well try it, so I bought it. For the rest of that night I searched the web reading article after article wondering if I would like this light. I was still very skeptical about how it would perform in the field until I held the light in my hand.
Upon opening the box and removing the light I noticed just how heavy and durable the light feels. It also has a very soft and comfortable non-slip grip. It comes with a battery as well which was nice. The sheath that it comes with is not of the highest quality but still is very nice and has proven to be extremely durable.  Over the lens appears to be some sort of backlight. The first time I turned the light on it almost blinded me and I thought that at least I know it is bright and I will be able see in the dark.  The bulb in this flashlight is 600 lumen CREE XM LEDs. The flash light also has two settings. One setting is the high setting where the battery lasts around 2 hours and it produces the most light for tracking at night. The other setting is a low setting where the amount of light is greatly reduced.

My first chance to test this light was earlier this fall when my buddy had shot a deer the night before and backed out because he was not sure of the shot and there was not much blood. Upon arriving the next morning I was able to see blood from 30 yards away. This light will allow you to pick up blood that is smaller than a pin head. If you hunt a lot and do a lot of tracking at night you defiantly  should consider buying one these lights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment