Monday, November 28, 2016

Headlamps

I do a lot of hunting that requires more than just a hop, skip, and a jump from my truck. So, after going through a season or so trying to navigate my way through the woods trying to find my way to the stand in the dark and trying to find my way out of the stand after dark. So, I started looking around and asking my buddies what they do when they are walking in well before daylight and after dark. I got a lot of votes for using a led flashlight or using a headlamp. I was hung up between the two so I ended up buying both. After using the two for a while I ended up leaning towards the headlamp. The headlamp that I picked up was a Cabelas brand. It comes with a semi powerful led light. It has four settings. The first one is a high setting, which I would say shines about 40 yards in front of you. The second setting is a medium. The third is a low setting, which is extremely nice because it puts out just enough light so that you can search through your backpack when it is dark. The last setting is a SOS setting. The Cabelas head lamp comes with and adjustable stretchy strap that will not slip when put onto your head. I have never had this headlamp slip up and off of my head. The light itself sits on a rotating platform that allows you to adjust the angle of the headlamp. It can be adjusted from facing straight ahead to facing pretty much straight down at the ground. It also has had very good battery life. I have made it through two seasons now hunting probably 30 to 40 days a season and it still has not died or even showed signs of dimming in the light. It also is very small so once in the stand or blind it packs away very nicely and does not  take up much room at all. Overall, I am extremely happy with this product and decision to go to a headlamp in order to find my way through the dark into my hunting spots. This product is also very nice when tracking at night. It puts out a lot of light which makes seeing the blood very easy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment